Carbon Champion Award
This award focuses on the industry's path towards net zero, recognizing the world’s most energy-aware and innovative approaches to building and fitting out sustainable digital infrastructure.
The judging panel wants to see projects driven by energy efficiency and sustainability outcomes, from innovative ecosystem partnerships, to fresh data center designs, to leading-edge products and solutions. Every entrant must be able to demonstrate actual savings to their carbon footprint as a result of their initiatives.
- To qualify, all or part of the project or solution must be operational by 1st September 2021.
- At least some of the work on this project or solution must have been conducted in the 12 months before the entry is submitted.
- If the entry is a project, vendors, consulting engineers and contractors can nominate projects on behalf of their clients and assist in the preparation of the entry, however the primary recipient of the award will be the project end-user/operator ("in collaboration with [partner/supplier]" if relevant).
- If the entry is a solution, the primary recipient of the award will be the person/people or company responsible for originating, developing and implemeting the solution.
- While this entry may include detailed updates of a project that has been submitted into the DCD Awards in previous years, entrants should take care to ensure that the main body deals with work undertaken within the specified time period.