This Design Guide provides guidelines in the design and deployment of VESDA smoke detection systems in telecommunications, data processing and information technology facilities.
The environments envisaged include the following:
- Fixed and wireless telecommunications facilities.
- Small remote site equipment enclosures, such as those used to house wireless transmission equipment.
- Data processing and computer facilities including server rooms, internet data centres, data warehousing facilities and co-location centres, containerized or mobile “data centres”.
- Telecommunications/data communications and underground cable tunnels/vaults or controlled environmental vaults (CEV).
- Terrestrial and satellite broadcast facilities for radio, television and the Internet.
- Power and other essential services support infrastructure for the above installations.
- In the remainder of this Design Guide, the above environments will be referred to as “IT/Communication