The ever-changing nature of the data center industry, the continuous increase in data consumption globally, and the mission-critical role many facilities now play in society have made effective power distribution essential and challenging when ensuring centers operate smoothly. With power distribution infrastructure being a significant investment, and its long lifecycle rapidly outstripped by new IT equipment, many data centers face considerable risks to efficiency and safety by disregarding more modern solutions, such as open channel busway systems.
In this whitepaper, we'll be looking at some of the key features, challenges, and solutions to this crisis, including:
- The changing data center landscape
- Traditional power distribution architecture overview
- Modern power distribution architecture overview
- Comparing old and new power distribution approaches
- Deep dive into specific features of modern infrastructure, such as busways, continuous monitoring, and overcurrent protection devices