As the last link of the elaborate data center power chain, the traditional role of the rack power distribution unit (PDU) is to deliver stable and reliable power to devices in the rack. Today, it's no longer just considered a power strip to plug devices into, the intelligent rack PDU is now pivotal to improving overall data center efficiency, providing advanced power quality measurements, capacity planning, remote power management, environmental monitoring, and more.
This handbook will cover:
- Fundamentals and principles
- Elements of power distribution
- Considerations for selecting rack PDUs
- Future trends of rack PDUs
- Environmental data center management and monitoring