As a large consumer of energy, data centers have a responsibility to help in the effort to reach Net Zero. This supplement looks at them in the context of the grid.
Unmissable articles include:
- Running on gas flares A critical look at the fossil burning data centers which claim to be green
- Powered by gravity Cranes lifting concrete blocks can store energy for data centers
- Advertorial: A new paradigm for mission critical power
- Taking the nuclear option Nuclear power has low emissions. Could data centers fund a new generation of small reactors?
- Energy storage by air Pumping air into underground caverns could stabilize the grid