- 7 Hours
This course is designed to identify, analyse and improve specific human behaviours which impact on the successful delivery of engineering services within a critical environment.
The aim of the course is to enable students to develop and apply critical thinking processes. Failure is defined as everything from breaking SLAs to actual loss-of-IT service and this is supported by real-life case studies.
Human factors features large in the examples and leads into solutions for minimising such inadvertent human intervention to avoid failures.
Who Should Attend
- Consulting Engineers (Mechanical & Electrical) upskilling or transitioning to data center projects.
- Critical infrastructure engineers from data center operators responsible for facilities operations.
- Sales engineers and product engineering staff from technology vendors looking for broader awareness of their market
- Human error in the data center
- ICT failures
- Fuel storage and treatment
- Electrical systems, critical and non critical loads.
- Mechanical cooling systems