Deploying Two-Phase Immersion Cooling
- 2 Hours
Data centers continue to pack more computing power into smaller spaces to consolidate workloads and accommodate processing-intensive applications. As a result, each rack consumes more energy and generates more heat, to the point where air cooling is reaching the limits of what it can do to ensure safe and efficient operations. For data center operators, embracing the right kind of cooling solution for their facility can provide an opportunity to remain ahead of the technological curve and embrace the future with open arms.
The aim of this course is to provide you with an awareness of the latest innovations in Two-phase immersion cooling so that you are better able to think critically about the cooling options available to your data center.
This e-learning module forms part of the DCD>Academy online-learning library and can be used towards DCP or DCS recertification.
By completing this learning activity, you will be able to engage in professional discussions about the following:
- Microsoft’s unique approach to innovative design
- Microsoft’s Two-Phase Immersion cooling solution
- The sustainability benefits delivered by Microsoft’s Two-Phase cooling system
- Alternative cooling options, including Cold-plate and Single-Phase immersion
- Key considerations for Two-Phase cooling servicing and integration
- The role of the Open Compute Project (OCP)
- The difference between Two-Phase cooling fact and myth
This course has met the required standards for and accredited by CPD Standards. Upon successful completion of this course, individuals are eligible to obtain CPD/ PDH units. Further details about our relationship with this organization will be made available upon request.
- The Two-Phase immersion cooling process
- Two-Phase cooling technology
- Two-Phase cooling servicing and integration
- The Open Compute Project (OCP)
- Dispelling liquid cooling myths