How Much Energy Does the Data Center Industry Use?
- 2 Hours
Data center energy consumption has always been a controversial subject and presents numerous challenges for those seeking to predict future trends. What's more, data centers have long been the subject of exaggerated and sensationalist claims about energy consumption.
The aim of this learning activity is to demystify how much energy the data center uses, and equip students with the awareness to dispel the myths that lead to overstated data center energy usage.
This e-learning module forms part of the DCD>Academy online-learning library and can be used towards DCP or DCS recertification.
By completing this activity, you will be able to engage in professional discussions on the central issues involved in this subject, including:
- The difference between IT, networks and data center energy use
- The factors complicating data center energy usage predictions
- The factors contributing to energy overstatement
- How it is possible to debunk inaccurate energy usage claims.
This course has met the required standards for and accredited by CPD Standards. Upon successful completion of this course, individuals are eligible to obtain CPD/ PDH units. Further details about our relationship with this organization will be made available upon request.
- Energy usage projections
- Energy usage myths
- Sensationalism in the media
- Debunking inaccurate energy usage claims