- 21 Hours
Learn about the key considerations for near and long term target measures for data center energy efficiency enablement, alongside operation and design strategies that help maximize program impacts and increase cost-effectiveness, ensuring that capital investments deliver results.
Spanning Information Technology (IT) systems and their environmental conditions, air management and mechanical and electrical systems, on-site generation, metrics and benchmarking, this course offers strategies which provide efficiency benefits for a wide variety of data center scenarios.
Who Should Attend
- Data center managers & critical infrastructure engineers from data center operators responsible for facilities operations.
- Sales engineers and product engineering staff from technology vendors looking to understand the energy efficiency space
- Energy, sustainability and planning managers, or anyone interested in understanding data centre energy flows and how to minimise or manage consumption per unit of ICT load.
- Consulting Engineers (Mechanical & Electrical) upskilling or transitioning to data center projects.
This course has met the required standards for and is endorsed, approved or accredited by the organisations listed below. Upon successful completion of this course, individuals are eligible to obtain CPD/ PDH units. Further details about our relationship with each organisation will be made available upon request.
CPD units can be used towards professional development requirements at your company as well as for professional memberships like: IET, IMechE, EI, IED, and BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, among others.
- Energy consumption, principles, units & metrics
- Critical load, utilization, virtualization and management
- Utility, carbon, emissions & on-site/off-site renewables
- UPS, electro-chemical & kinetic energy storage
- Emergency power generation, CHP & utility support
- Cooling - direct-air, indirect-air, liquid based & ‘free-cooling'
- Energy optimization
|UTC-5 (NorAm)||Energy Professional||EN||30 October 2023||5 days||9AM – 1PM||Book Now|
|UTC+9 (APAC)||Energy Professional||EN||22 November 2023||3 days||8AM – 5PM||Book Now|
|UTC+0 (EMEA)||Energy Professional||EN||27 November 2023||5 days||8AM – 12PM||Book Now|
This course went into different topics related to data centers with plenty of case study material. It surpassed my expectations.
The course helped me to improve my knowledge about energy standards. I had opportunity to see what is happening in other similar companies and see how to react on very dynamic and every day changing data center life.Pavol Klimek, Program Manager - Mechanical and Electrical Engineering - Red Hat