DCD Magazine – February/March Issue
The February/March issue of DCD Magazine, the industry’s only high quality print magazine, is out now.
Available bi-monthly on paper or as a digital download, each issue is completely free and filled with the latest news, features and opinions from DCD’s global editorial team.
- To read the digital edition of the magazine or subscribe to the print edition, fill the form or click here.
On the cover: Data center operators go to great lengths to ensure a reliable power supply to their facilities, installing expensive UPS systems and massive banks of batteries, designed to power the equipment in the event of a disruption to the mains. But what if there’s no disruption?
In our latest cover feature, we look at several methods of improving battery use, including peak shaving and frequency containment reserve. (p.16)
Also in the magazine:
- Fueling the future - Microsoft looks at fuel cells at the rack (p.21)
- Manufacturing and the edge - Industry 4.0 needs you (p.25)
- Air contamination - Pollutants hurt everybody (p.28)
- After the Storm - The supercomputer that saved Cray, shot down a satellite, and gave birth to a generation of HPC systems (p.30)
- Flavors of virtualization - From bare metal to containers (p.34)
- Whose DCIM data is it? - Privacy VS prosperity (p.37)
- Feeling the heat - Getting a PUE of 1.1 in Africa (p.39)
- Innovation on ICE - Pushing efficiency in Sweden (p.40)
- LATAM: Battle for the South - Argentina against Chile (p.42)
- APAC: Edge takes the central role - Serving the next billion (p.44)
- Bison dollars - No bitcoin for Max (p.46)
To read the past issues of the magazine, visit our archive
Contact the editorial team:
Like what you see? Have a juicy tip or helpful suggestion? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org