DCD Magazine – June/July Issue
The June/July issue of DCD Magazine, the industry’s only high quality printed magazine, is out now.
Available bi-monthly in print or as a digital download, each issue is completely free and filled with the latest news, features and opinions from DCD’s global editorial team.
- To read the digital edition of the magazine, click here.
- Subscribe to the printed edition here - it’s free!
The lifecycle of a data center
On the cover: Data centers may be buildings, but they have a life of their own. This issue of DCD Magazine tracks that life story, from the first planning application, to the last flicker of life as the facility is shut down.
On the way, the building will be part of shifting partnerships and family allegiances, and may suffer life-threatening illnesses - just like a human being (p.18)
Also in the magazine:
- We travel to what could be Europe’s largest data center, Lefdal Mine (p.24)
- Things get extreme - we chart the 10 craziest data centers in space, the army, and much more (p.31)
- What’s happening in the world of the Industrial Internet of Things? (p.37)
- He’s back! DCD talks to the one and only Mark Shuttleworth about all things Canonical (p.40)
- Plus: News, features from LATAM and APAC, opinions from The Infrastructure Masons and an aging data center, and more
In the cooling supplement:
- Data centers have to beat the heat, and Peter Judge looks at how, delving into the science of psychrometry while he’s at it (p.4)
- Could you turn to a lake, river or aquifer to cool your data center? (p.10)
- Immerse yourself in all things liquid cooling as we profile Iceotope and Asperitas (p.12)
- Plus: Green Grid’s Julius Neudorfer tells us to not be scared of water, Peter Judge looks at PUE and Barry Shambrook discusses reusing waste heat
To look at the past issues of the magazine, visit our archive
Contact the editorial team:
Like what you see? Have a juicy tip or helpful suggestion? Let us know at email@example.com