DCD Magazine – August/September Issue
The August/September issue of DCD Magazine, the industry’s only high quality printed magazine, is out now.
Available bi-monthly in print or as a digital download, each issue is completely free and filled with the latest news, features and opinions from DCD’s global editorial team.
- To read the digital edition of the magazine, click here.
- Subscribe to the printed edition here - it’s free!
Battle of the chips
On the cover: There’s a battle once more raging for the soul of the server. After losing virtually all of its ground to Intel in the x86 space, AMD is back, and we have the exclusive.
In this issue of DCD Magazine, we talk to AMD’s CEO Dr Lisa Su about her dreams for the Epyc chip, and her nightmares about the dark days that came before. (p.18)
Then, is this double feature special, we dive into Intel’s Xeon Scalable Processor and what it offers data centers, as well as taking a look at ARM’s chances. (p.21)
Also in the magazine:
- Virtual reality arrives, but can its potential truly be unlocked? (p.30)
- Time for some time - DCD delves into GPS signals, jamming, spoofing, oscillators and cesium fountains (p.27)
- Fresh from Energy Smart, Peter asks whether we curb energy demand, or feed it (p.34)
- Tape stays strong - here’s why (p.24)
- Containers may be what finally gets the cloud really moving (p.41)
- Smart cities and smart data centers; let’s all work together (p.37)
- Plus: News, features from LATAM and APAC, and Max Smolaks lets loose on what really drives the Internet
To look at the past issues of the magazine, visit our archive
Contact the editorial team:
Like what you see? Have a juicy tip or helpful suggestion? Let us know at email@example.com