Young Mission Critical Engineer of the Year
The future of any industry depends on the quality of the young people it can attract. The data center industry is no different and the historically low profile of the data center as a career choice combined with increasing management and operational complexity and local shortages of suitably qualified staff places a premium on attracting new blood into the industry. New technologies and new platforms require new skills, so this year we are opening up this category to the whole mission critical “stack”, to include not only M&E but also systems, architecture and software professionals.
This Award will be presented to the individual that shows a track record of achievement in project leadership and delivery and a higher profile in our industry than their tender years would suggest.
- Must be aged 30 years or under at 1st June 2016
- Must be qualified in Engineering or an Engineering-based discipline as specified by the prevailing professional standards within the country of employment, or be studying for this type of qualification to be completed by 30th June 2016
- Must be located within the relevant Awards region
- Must be actively involved in data center design and/or operation at end-user, services or consultant level
Judging criteria & entry requirements
The entrant should supply relevant information under the following categories for Round 1 of the judging process:
1. Project-oriented management skills
3. Problem-solving skills
4. Technical proficiency
5. Strategic vision, understanding and maturity
The entrant should provide supporting documentation in the form of PDF and/or JPEG only to include design presentations, articles, white papers or graphics which will be used in Round 1of the judging process (limited to 4 documents).
In Round 2 judges will ask further questions about the entries using our new online awards platform; Successful finalists will be expected to provide timely responses in order to meet the deadline requirements
provides scalable eLearning and face-to-face data center training for the global mission critical sector.
Courses are developed and delivered by an international network of industry experts using the latest educational techniques.
Globally recognized and accredited, training addresses the real world tactical demands faced by data centers.
To find out more please visit: www.dc-professional.com
Previous winners include:
- Sudlows-Sam Wicks
Previous Finalists in this category include:
- Future Facilities Ltd-Paul Harrison
- Romonet Limited-George Read
- Virgin Media