Sustainable Data Center
While it’s true to say that the Data Center industry is energy “thirsty”, it’s also true to say that our industry is providing the global lead and showing true pioneering spirit when it comes to the subject of decreasing energy use and in the increasingly efficient use of renewables. Some of the world’s biggest companies have rightly made headlines for their work in this area, but this category is about recognising and celebrating all the new sustainable initiatives and concepts – both big and small – which are having a significant impact on how energy is both produced and used.
The Winner of this Award will demonstrate an innovative and pioneering approach to sustainability through the design of a new data center or a major retrofit/upgrade to an existing facility
- Must be located physically within the relevant Awards region.
- Must be a purpose -built data center
- Must have a total facility power requirement of at least 50 KW (to IT load)
- Must have come into operation between before December 31st 2015.
- This Award is open to all products or solutions in the world of data center design, build and operation
Judging criteria & entry requirements
The entrant should supply the following information for Round 1 of the judging process:
1. The innovation and vision behind minimizing the facility’s impact on both human and environmental health and the targets set for this project.
2. Evidence of how infrastructure/products are sustainable across entire life cycle
3. Evidence (even if only preliminary) of the effectiveness in meeting stated targets, including monitoring and measurement activities.
4.The capability of the program to act as an example of innovation and best practice to other organizations looking to deliver tangible and environmentally responsible business benefits.
The entrant should provide supporting documentation in the form of PDF and/or JPEG only, to include design presentations, articles, white papers or graphics that will be used in Round 1 of the judging process (limited to 4 documents).
In Round 2, judges will ask further questions about the entries using our new online awards platform. Successful finalists will be expected to provide timely responses in order to meet the required deadlines.
CEEDA Energy Efficiency Assessment & Certification
CEEDA is an energy efficiency assessment and certification framework that provides on-going performance improvement guidance to data center owners. Enterprises and colos across APAC, EMEA and the Americas are using CEEDA to benchmark their facilities and teams, improve performance and demonstrate excellence via a globally applicable certification: to find out more please visit: www.ceedacert.com/find-out-more
Previous winners include:
- Rack Centre Ltd & BladRoom Group
Previous Finalists in this category include:
- KPN NV