The “Open” Data Center Project
The “Open” revolution, inspired by the work of OpenStack, Open Compute, the Linux Foundation and other major open-source movements is empowering the industry to develop more intelligent and free-flowing infrastructure across the whole IT stack, from the facility right through to the cloud.
This Award will be presented to a data center project that has used an “open” approach/methodology in whole or in part and that demonstrates its success over and above a traditional deployment.
- Must be physically located within the relevant Awards region
- Must be within a stand-alone enterprise data center , or housed within a third party facility where the entrant has control over design and operation.
- Must have a total facility power requirement of at least 50 KW (to IT load)
- Must have come into operation between 1st June 2015 and 31st May 2016
- Only end-user/operators may be the recipient of this award; however they can enter with project partners in an advisory or technology capacity who will be mentioned in articles and marketing copy
Judging criteria & entry requirements
The entrant should supply the following information for Round 1 of the judging process:
1. Provide an overview of the project including the business objectives, the problems you were solving, the innovation of the final solution and the benefits for your organisation
2. Evidence of success in meeting project objectives including those relating specifically to facility performance and delivery including metrics used to evaluate
3. Capability of project to act an exemplar to the wider community
The entrant should provide supporting documentation in the form of PDF and/or JPEG only to include design presentations, articles, white papers or graphics which will be used in Round 1 of the judging process (limited to 4 documents).
In Round 2 judges will ask further questions about the entries using our new online Awards platform; Successful finalists will be expected to provide timely responses in order to meet the deadline requirements.