Data Center Critical Environment Team of the Year
Everything that happens inside the data center depends directly or indirectly upon the people charged with design, operation and management of the facility. Since the data center professional is rarely working in isolation, this places an added premium upon the development, management and motivation of effective teams to carry the operation forward.
This Award seeks to recognize team achievement in situations where the team has been convened for a special purpose or task relating to the data center environment above and beyond everyday duties. This may be at any stage of the ‘strategising’, design, construction, fit out, operation, refit or decommissioning of a data center just so long as it represents a ‘special assignment’ or series of activities’ in the life of the data center.
- Team must be majority based within the relevant Awards region
- Must include personnel who are current employees of data centre end-users, owners or operators although the team may also include personnel from consulting engineers or contractors
- Must be comprised of a set of people formally brought together by an organization for the execution of a particular project, strategy or initiative that relates to the data center environment. (There is a separate team Awards for IT, networks and architectural initiatives)
- Must include a minimum of four people
- Have been formed since 1st July 2015 and have been or will be active for a period of at least six months
Judging criteria & entry requirements
The entrant should supply the following information for Round 1 of the judging process:
1. Provide an overview of why the team was formed including the business objectives, the criticality of the process or issues the team was been designated to design, implement, or improve, the outcome and the benefits to the organisation.
2. Details on the development of the means to measure and analyse of the impact of the project.
3. Evidence of success in meeting the team/project objectives including those relating specifically to facility performance and operations
4. Capability of project to act an exemplar to the wider market.
The entrant should provide supporting documentation in the form of PDF and/or JPEG only to include design presentations, articles, white papers or graphics which will be used in Round 1 of the judging process (limited to 4 documents).
In Round 2 judges will ask further questions about the entries using our new online awards platform; Successful finalists will be expected to provide timely responses in order to meet the deadline requirements.
Previous winners include:
- Virgin Media
Previous Finalists in this category include:
- Norland CBRE, Dublin
- Schneider Electric