The Service Provider Data Center Award
The “service provider” data center is specifically built to house someone else’s critical IT infrastructure, and as such faces many additional challenges to other categories. Often referred to as “outsourced” infrastructure this sector comprises a wide spectrum of players, from “wholesale” to “retail” colocation providers, IaaS, cloud and managed services, and telecommunications operators.
The winner of this award will demonstrate an innovative and pioneering approach to the design of a new “service provider” data center or a major retrofit/upgrade to an existing facility.
- Must be physically located within the relevant Awards region
- Must be a data center purpose built for the delivery of colocation, outsourcing, managed or related services
- Must have a total facility power requirement of at least 50 KW (to IT load)
- Come into operation between 1st June 2014 and 31st May 2015
- Only organisations with a data center that is at least in part “bricks and mortar” may be the recipient of this award; however they can enter with project partners in an advisory or technology capacity
Judging criteria & entry requirements
The entrant should supply the following information for Round 1 of the judging process:
1. Provide an overview of the project including the business objectives, the problems you were solving, the innnovation of the final solution and the benefits you received.
2. Evidence of success in meeting IT, corporate & engineering objectives including those relating specifically to facility performance and delivery including metrics used.
3. Capability of project to act as an exemplar to the wider market in relation to the issues of the “service provider” data center.
The entrant should provide supporting documentation in the form of PDF and/or JPEG only, to include design presentations, articles, white papers or graphics which will be used in Round 1 of the judging process (limited to 4 documents).
In Round 2 judges will ask further questions about the entries using our new online awards platform. Successful finalists will be expected to provide timely responses in order to meet the deadline requirements.