The Enterprise Data Center Award
The “enterprise” class data center is the IT backbone of many of the world’s largest organisations. Often referred to as “on-premise” or “in-house” facilities, they are typically complex heterogeneous environments, ones that runs a multitude of different applications, and will more likely than not have to deal with numerous upgrades over their lifespan whilst adapting to a plethora of new business requirements and technologies.
The winner of this award will demonstrate an innovative and pioneering approach to the design of a new data center or a major retrofit/upgrade to an existing facility.
- Must be located physically within the relevant Awards region
- Must be a purpose built data center or located within the company’s own premises and managed wholly or partly by full-time employees of the company
- Must have a total facility power requirement of at least 50 KW (to IT load)
- Must have come into operation between 1st June 2014 and 31st May 2015
- Only end-user/operators may be the recipient of this award; however they can enter with project partners in an advisory or technology capacity.
Judging Criteria & Entry Requirements
The entrant should supply the following information for Round 1 of the judging process:
- Provide an overview of the project including the business objectives, the problems they were solving, the innovation of the final solution and the benefits for the organisation
- Evidence of success in meeting IT, corporate & engineering objectives including those relating specifically to facility performance and delivery including metrics used
- Capability of project to act an exemplar to the wider market in relation to the issues of the “enterprise” data center
The entrant should provide supporting documentation in the form of PDF and/or JPEG only, to include design presentations, articles, white papers or graphics which will be used in Round 1 of the judging process (limited to 4 documents).
In Round 2 judges will ask further questions about the entries using our new online awards platform. Successful finalists will be expected to provide timely responses in order to meet the deadline requirements.