The Modular Deployment Award
Technological advances in the development of servers and in the equipment that is required to support them have over time created a breed of data center that are able to sidestep the rules of real estate that apply to larger ‘fixed’ facilities and which can be located or even moved on a more temporary basis to where they are needed.
This Award will be given to the modular, containerised or ‘pod’ data center which best symbolises the flexibility, versatility and scalability of this type of data center. And it’s not just about the precariousness, novelty or ‘level of difficulty’ of the location, it’s also about the added value this represents to the organization that has invested in this data center option whether through the ability to site IT facilities where none would otherwise be possible, or through the ability to build up to a larger data center through modular units.
- Must be located within the relevant Awards region
- Must come into operation between 1st June 2015 and 31st May 2016
- This Award is open to both data center owners & operators and also to vendor, consulting engineers and contractors operating an eligible ‘corporate’ facility which meets their own ICT requirements. Vendors, consulting engineers and contractors are welcome also to nominate projects on behalf of their clients and assist in the preparation of that entry
Judging criteria & entry requirements
The entrant should supply the following information for Round 1 of the judging process:
1. Provide an overview of the project including the business objectives, the problems you were solving, the innnovation of the final solution and the benefits you received.
2. Evidence of success in meeting IT, corporate & engineering objectives including those relating specifically to facility performance and delivery including metrics used.
3. Capability of project to act an exemplar to the wider market.
The entrant should provide supporting documentation in the form of PDF and/or JPEG only, to include design presentations, articles, white papers or graphics which will be used in Round 1 of the judging process (limited to 4 documents).
In Round 2 judges will ask further questions about the entries using our new online awards platform. Successful finalists will be expected to provide timely responses in order to meet the deadline requirements.
Previous winners include:
Previous Finalists in this category include:
- Netmagic Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- National Stock Exchange of India, supporting entrant: NSE