The Internet Data Center Award
The “internet” class data center is implicit to all aspects of the online economy. From e-commerce to social networks, the Internet of Things and everything in between, they are mission critical . Often referred to as “web-scale” or “hyper-scale” facilities, they are typically homogenous environments, ones that runs a select set of applications with very defined requirements, they regularly introduce the most cutting-edge technologies and platforms for marginal gains that translate into massive efficiencies of scale.
The winner of this award will demonstrate an innovative and pioneering approach to the design of a new data center or a major retrofit/upgrade within an existing facility either as a standalone project or in a multi-tenant environment.
- Must be physically located within the relevant Awards region
- Must be a data center purpose built for the delivery of the Internet and associated applications and services, or housed within a third party facility where the entrant has control over design and operation
- Must have a total facility power requirement of at least 50 KW (to IT load)
- Must have come into operation between 1st June 2015 and 31st May 2016
- Only owners or operators of an Internet data center that is at least in part “bricks and mortar” may be the recipient of this award; however they can enter with project partners in an advisory or technology capacity
Judging criteria & entry requirements
The entrant should supply the following information for Round 1 of the judging process:
1. Provide an overview of the project including the business objectives, the problems you were solving, the innnovation of the final solution and the benefits you received.
2. Evidence of success in meeting IT, corporate & engineering objectives including those relating specifically to facility performance and delivery including metrics used.
3. Capability of project to act as an exemplar to the wider market in relation to the issues of the “internet” data center.
The entrant should provide supporting documentation in the form of PDF and/or JPEG only, to include design presentations, articles, white papers or graphics which will be used in Round 1 of the judging process (limited to 4 documents).
In Round 2 judges will ask further questions about the entries using our new online awards platform. Successful finalists will be expected to provide timely responses in order to meet the deadline requirements.
Previous winners include:
Previous Finalists in this category include:
- ChinaCache Xin Run Technology Co Limited
- Shanghai Huadu Architecture &Urban planing Co,.LTD (HDD)