The Energy Efficiency Improver’s Award
The current drive towards greater energy efficiency in the data center industry has put additional pressure on owners and operators to improve the performance of their existing facilities, in particular those facilities designed and fitted before power consumption became a critical issue.
This Award will be presented to the organisation that can demonstrate the success of any project to improve the energy efficiency of a single or group of facilities through a journey of measurement, bench-marking, analysis, recommendation and implementation to a verifiable outcome.
- Must be located within the relevant Awards region
- Data center must have been commissioned originally before 3rd June 2013
- Must have undergone or be undergoing an efficiency-directed programme over a period of at least six months
- Must have utilised recognised metrics and/or research and/or modelling to inform and guide process
- Must have undergone some part of the efficiency improvement programme since 1st June 2015
- Only data centre owners & operators are eligible to receive the Award
Judging criteria & entry requirements
The entrant should supply the following information for Round 1 of the judging process:
1. Provide an overview of the project including the energy efficiency objectives, the problems you were solving, the best practices used and the solutions, protocols and management procedures implemented.
2. Evidence of success in meeting the energy efficiency objectives including details on the validation process of measuring, modelling and metrics.
3. An overview of ongoing initiatives based on what has been learned from the information gathering process
4. The capability of the project to act as an example of best practice to other organisations looking to develop efficiency strategies for their facilities based on the measurement of efficiency and the identification of opportunity
The entrant should provide supporting documentation in the form of PDF and/or JPEG only, to include design presentations, articles, white papers or graphics which will be used in Round 1 of the judging process (limited to 4 documents).
In Round 2 judges will ask further questions about the entries using our new online awards platform. Successful finalists will be expected to provide timely responses in order to meet the deadline requirements.
Previous winners include:
- Digital Realty
Previous Finalists in this category include:
- CenturyLink Singapore Pte Ltd
- NTT Singapore
- Hitachi Sunway Data Centre Services
CEEDA Energy Efficiency Assessment & Certification
CEEDA is an energy efficiency assessment and certification framework that provides on-going performance improvement guidance to data center owners. Enterprises and colos across APAC, EMEA and the Americas are using CEEDA to benchmark their facilities and teams, improve performance and demonstrate excellence via a globally applicable certification: to find out more please visit: www.ceedacert.com/find-out-more