Data Center Transformation Project of The Year
In the age of hyper-convergence, data center transformation is about combining technologies, services, IT processes, and skills to transform the environment into one that is responsive, agile, sustainable, and automated.
From consolidation and virtualization projects to creating on-demand environments the outcome of a successful project is invariably better performance, economies of scale and the flexibility required for changing business circumstances.
This award will be presented to the project that most clearly demonstrates the success of both their strategy and its implementation and that embodies the spirit of inter-departmental collaboration in the journey.
- Be at least in part located in the relevant Awards region although the scope of the initiatives may be geographically wider
- Come into operation between 1st June 2014 and 31st May 2015
- Must have a total facility power requirement of at least 50 KW (to IT load)
- May be located in-house or within a third party facility including multi-tenant premises
Judging criteria & entry requirements
The entrant should supply the following information for Round 1 of the judging process:
1. Provide an overview of the project including the business objectives, the problems you were solving, the innovation of the final solution and the benefits for your organisation
2. Evidence of success in meeting project objectives including those relating specifically to facility performance and delivery including metrics used to evaluate
3. Capability of project to act an exemplar to the wider community
The entrant should provide supporting documentation in the form of PDF and/or JPEG only, to include design presentations, articles, white papers or graphics which will be used in Round 1 of the judging process (limited to 4 documents).
In Round 2 judges will ask further questions about the entries using our new online awards platform. Successful finalists will be expected to provide timely responses in order to meet the deadline requirements.